Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Life 1

My name is Mado Ayu @ Kalang Akup. Born on 5 October,1950. I am the second of 6 children of Tama Akup @Adtah Naan Bala and Sina Akup @ Adtah Naan Ayu at a temporary longhouse (lubung) at Pa' Reperah (Sg Reperah) in Pa' Umor.
My elder sister Sina Lingad Bala was called Akup when she was young thus my parents were called Tama Akup (Akup's father) and Sina Akup (Akup's mother) - the why and how will be explined in another of my coming write up. I can barely remember moving from that temporary longhouse to the long house in Pa' Umor. I might be 4 or 5 years old -just starting to wear my loincloth. I could remember that we reared 2 pocupines in the house ( this was confirmed to be true by my mum and my uncle Bala Ayu when I asked them in May when I went back home recently).
At this 'lubung' I could only vividly remember very few things such as those pocupines, a cousin got lost (gone missing for a day and night) and a place where we had a lot of
'buah kiran' (jack fruit) and the day we moved to the new longhouse. I remember walking behind my father who was then carrying 'a lot of things' . It was, those days very far ... maybe because I was anxious of getting to the new home. That moving must have been in 1954 or 1955. And I will be travelling along this road many-many more times years later as we have to pass the old longhouse on the way to our school in Pa' Main.

No comments:

Post a Comment